WOW TBC Classic: How To Layer Hop?
Jun 08, 2021
If you want to enter WOW TBC Classic with your friends, then you will need to know something about layer hopping. If you didn't know before, then this article will give a detailed introduction.
Recently, the highly anticipated re-release of the WOW expansion - The Burning Crusade has attracted new and old players to the Dark Portal to experience its demonic horror atmosphere. If you want to fully experience WOW, we will provide a lot of tips, which will help you explore the dangerous terrain in the Outland.
What’s layer hopping?
Unlike the retail version of WOW, WOW Classic includes the concept of "layer hopping", which is due to the programming of the game.
In WOW Classic, every realm you visit has multiple versions of the same world, and they are stacked on top of each other. This is your "layers".
This is a simple method of population control. When the player reaches the population cap, any new players who log in will be sent to the next available "layer". If you are a new solo player and encounter this situation, it will not affect you. But if you want to play the game with a group of friends who are on one while you are on another game, then you will face a problem. After all, exploring Azeroth with friends is a more interesting thing, isn’t it?
How to change layers in TBC?
If you want to dive into another layer, then you need to know which layer you are on. The best way is to install the Nova World Buffs addon. When everything is ready, in order to layer hop, you need to complete the following steps:
* Download and install Nova World Buffs
* Go to the “configuration” menu
* Select “show Minimap Layer”, and close the menu. You'll see which layer you're on, displayed at the bottom of your minimap. You'll need to target an NPC to see this, otherwise, it will continually show “no layer”.
* You can now ask for a layer hop by typing “looking for Layer Hop, not Layer [X]”. Ensure that you specify which layer you don’t want to end up on.
Layer hopping not only allows you to play with your friends, but you can also make new friends through it, or even just change scenery. And in terms of collecting items, you can also collect different resources faster.
If you are also looking for a Layer hopping guide, you will not want to miss this article. MMOWTS will continue to pay attention to some WOW TBC-related news, if there are some hot topics, we will also share them with you.
In addition, you can buy WOW TBC Classic Gold on MMOWTS, which will also make your adventure in the game smoother, and based on the curiosity of new content, most players don’t want to spend time farming TBC Gold in the game, so buy TBC Classic Gold becomes a better way.
- WOW TBC Classic: Details About Phase Schedule and Content Roadmap
- Genshin Impact: Where To Find Echoing Conch and Get Echoing Tales Quest?
- WOW TBC Classic: Where The Dark Portal Is Located and How To Get There?
- Genshin Impact 1.6 Update: Release Date, Kazuha Banner, and More
- WOW TBC Classic: World-first Level 70 Player Has Appeared, You Can Also Level Fast With These Tips
- WOW TBC Classic: How To Reach Exodar?